Months ago Jonathon donated a couple of shirts to whatever use they may be needed - he was over them. They were very nice shirts. Victorinox in fact. Wonderful, wonderful soft slightly stretchy fabric. Incredible details. They begged to be used by someone but there were no takers. So I bundled them away in my fabric stash waiting for a minute and a little inspiration. The two elements combined a few weeks ago and I had more fun than you can possibly imagine making these things for my three favourite little girls.
The pictures are a bit lacking because I wasn't thinking of sharing them on this platform - they were iPhone snaps to share with the man who donated the shirt. I figured he aught to know what he had contributed to. The decision to share the project here was motivated by the ease and fun of the project. All the hard work is done - the collars and plackets and shirt-tail hems - and the fun is in deciding how to best use those details. It just takes an hour or so for each dress and much less for the funny little pants. I wish I had thought to do a simple tutorial for the dresses but honestly they are so easy that these pictures are probably just about enough. The funny little pants are the left-over sleeves with a crotch-curve cut into the top and stitched together. I added a waistband/casing instead of simply turning the top down to make a casing just because I liked the change of direction for the stripes. The tie is strictly faux.
I had so much fun that I am now begging all the men I know to contribute the shirts they don't wear anymore to my